Upgrading to Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh, Version 1.0.2
|Article:TECH106008|||||Created: 2008-01-23|||||Updated: 2008-01-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106008|
You need to know how to upgrade your existing Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh (SACM) 1.0.1 to version 1.0.2.
The Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh, version 1.0.2 upgrade adds support for Mac OS X version 10.5 "Leopard" and Symantec AntiVirus 10.2. After you install the upgrade on your server, you should create an updated client package to install on your client computers that are running OS X 10.4 or OS X 10.5. Installing the upgrade ensures that your client computers will continue to work with the Symantec Administration Console.
Follow the instructions in the sections below to install the Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh version 1.0.2 upgrade on the Mac OS X Server and client computers. You must install the Symantec Administration Console version 1.0.2 upgrade on the Mac OS X Server before updating client computers.
Upgrading the server to Symantec Administration Console version 1.0.2
You must install the Symantec Administration Console version 1.0.2 upgrade on the Mac OS X Server before updating client computers.
To upgrade the Mac OS X Server to Symantec Administration Console version 1.0.2:
- Download the Symantec AntiVirus disk image (.dmg) from the FileConnect or Platinum support website.
- Log on to the Mac OS X Server using an Admin user account.
- From the Symantec AntiVirus 10 CD, double-click the Symantec Administration Server.pkg, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the server upgrade.
Upgrading client computers to Symantec Administration Console version 1.0.2
You can install the Symantec Administration Console client upgrade over an existing Symantec Administration Console client or on a new client.
To upgrade client computers to Symantec Administration Console version 1.0.2:
- Open the Symantec Administration Console, and then go to the Maintenance page.
- On the Maintenance page, click Configure Client Package.
- On the Configure Client Package page, select a Client Package Key ID and corresponding password, and then click Modify Client Package.
A client package is created for delivery and installation on the clients. The client package is located here:
/Library/Application Support/Symantec/SMac/Symantec Administration Client.pkg
Note the path and filename of the .pkg file. You will need to enter this path and filename to send the package to the clients. A client preference set .tgz file is created at the same time as the Symantec Administration Client.pkg, but you do not need the .tgz file for this upgrade procedure.
- Distribute the Symantec Administration Client.pkg using your preferred method, or one of the following options:
- If you are upgrading an existing Symantec Administration Console client, you can create a package, and then use the Send Commands > Install Software command from the Administration Console to distribute the client package to the client computers. For instructions, see the Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh Administrator's Guide PDF on the Symantec AntiVirus 10 CD, or the Admin Guide help available from the Symantec Administration Console user interface. In the "Managing Software Installation" section, see the topics called "Creating a package" and "Running the Install Software command."
- Use Apple Remote Desktop™ software, or another preferred network administration software program. The advantage to using this type of administration program is that you can set up the distribution to automatically install and reboot the client package on the clients without user intervention at the client.
- Use a shared network directory or physical media (CD, disk, etc.). This method requires that you download the client package file from the network directory or media, and install the package on each client computer.
- Install the client package on the client using the Apple Installer. This will install the client without requiring any user intervention.
- Reboot the client computers.
Title: 'System requirements for Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh'
Document ID: 2008030607154948
> Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008030607154948
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106008