How to turn off Active Scan when new definitions arrive
|Article:TECH106098|||||Created: 2008-01-01|||||Updated: 2012-05-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106098|
How to turn off Active Scan when new definitions arrive?
The following steps will change the policy configuration to disable these Active Scans.
- Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console
- Click on the Policies tab on the far left side
- Highlight Antivirus and Antispyware under the View Policies column
- Highlight the policy in question under the Antivirus and Antispyware Policies window. If you have not created a new policy, select the existing policy.
- Within the middle column under Tasks, select Edit the Policy
- A new window will open.
- From the new window, there will be a menu on the left side, select Administrator-defined Scans
- From the Administrator-defined Scans window on the right side select the Advanced tab
- Unselect Run an Active Scan when new definitions arrive
- Click OK
- Either update the policy from the manager/client, or wait for the next update cycle
The DefWatch QuickScan has been renamed to an Active Scan in SEP 11
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106098