Does the Administrator account have a password?
|Article:TECH106143|||||Created: 2008-01-06|||||Updated: 2012-10-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106143|
- The Administrator account password is blank.
- During a remote installation, you see the error message "Error: Login to
failed. Check the username and password and try again."
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Find Unmanaged Clients wizard requires the ability to authenticate as an administrator. By default, if the password is blank, the wizard cannot authenticate, and the installation fails.
Note: To check if this document describes the computer in question, download and run a pre-install check with SymHelp.
To set the administrator password
- Right click My Computer, and then click Manage.
- Expand local Users and Groups.
- Click Users.
- In the right pane, right click Administrator, and then click Set password.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106143