How to add a Centralized Exception for a detection that is not included with Known Security Risk Exceptions in the Centralized Exception Policy.
|Article:TECH106170|||||Created: 2008-01-07|||||Updated: 2009-01-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106170|
You want to add an exception for a detection that you are getting, however you do not see the risk in the Known Security Risk Exceptions when editing the Centralized Exceptions policy.
How to create a custom Centralized exceptions policy from a known risk.
Follow the steps below to add a custom Security Risk Exception:
- Launch the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Create a blank Centralized Exceptions policy.
- Under the Policies view, select the Centralized Exceptions option, then click Add a Centralized Exceptions Policy.
- Enter a name for the policy and then click OK.
- Click the Monitors view.
- Under the Logs tab, change the Log Type to Risk.
- Click the View Log button to open the Risk Logs page.
- Select the risk you want to exclude.
- From the Action drop-down list, select Add Risk to Centralized Exceptions Policy, then click Start.
- Select the blank policy you created, and click OK.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106170