Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh: How to Disable Scanning of Compressed Archives
|Article:TECH106231|||||Created: 2008-01-13|||||Updated: 2014-09-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106231|
How to disable scanning of compressed files by SEP for Macintosh.
NOTE: These instructions are for SEP 12.1 RU4 (12.1.4) or newer.
For older SEP versions, see SEP 12.1 RU2 and older: How to disable SEP for Macintosh compressed file scanning
Are the SEP for Macintosh clients...
1.) managed by a Symantec Enpoint Protection Manager, or
1.) SEP clients managed by a SEPM server: To disable scanning of compressed files
- Auto-Protect scans: SEPM Antivirus and Antispyware policy, Mac Settings, File System Auto-Protect, Scan Details tab, "Scan compressed files" checkbox
- Scheduled scans: SEPM Antivirus and Antispyware policy, Mac Settings, Admin-Defined Scans,Common Settings tab, "Scan compressed files" checkbox
- On-demand scans (as commanded via right-click in SEPM client listing): SEPM Antivirus and Antispyware policy, Mac Settings, Admin-Defined Scans, Scans tab (at bottom, "Administrator On-demand Scan settings").
- Manual scans commanded through the local SEP client GUI (or navx command line in older versions of SEP for Macintosh): these scans use settings that are independent of any SEPM policy configuration. See "Unmanaged SEP for Macintosh" instructions below for manual and scheduled scans.
2.) Unmanaged SEP for Macintosh clients: To disable scanning of compressed files
- Auto-Protect scans: Open the SEP for Mac client GUI. Go to Settings, Virus and Spyware Protection, Auto-Protect Settings, "Configure", uncheck "Scan compressed files", and click "Done".
- User-scheduled scans: Open the SEP for Mac client GUI. Go to Settings, click on "Configure" under "Scheduled Scans" to display the available scans, choose the scheduled scan to edit and click the "Edit..." button, uncheck the option "Scan Compressed" and click OK.
- Manual scans commanded through the local SEP client GUI: Open the SEP client GUI. Go to Status, click the "Scan" dropdown menu at lower right, choose "Run custom scan", select the object to be scanned. Uncheck the option "Scan Compressed Files" and then click the "Scan" button.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH106231