How to set up a simple network
|Article:TECH110232|||||Created: 2008-01-10|||||Updated: 2010-01-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110232|
You need to know how to set up a simple network.
How to set up a simple network to troubleshoot problems with Ghost.
- What is the best practice for isolating the Ghost image from the Production network?
To set up a simple network, follow the steps below:
- Remove both the Ghost Console computer and the client computer from the domain.
- Apply a Static IP address to the Ghost Console and to the Ghost Client.
- If you are using the Ghost Console to set up a task, assign a Static IP address to the client computer.
- If you are using a boot disk with the intention of using it to join a Ghost Cast Server session then build the boot disk with a Static IP address.
- Use an unmanaged switch or "dumb hub" to connect the Ghost Server to the Ghost Client.
- Remove any connections to the larger production network.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110232