How to generate a partition table using PartInfo.exe
|Article:TECH110304|||||Created: 2008-01-18|||||Updated: 2013-10-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110304|
Download Partinfo.zip for use with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.0 or later.
- Build a boot disk using WinPE including the PartInfo.exe executable.
- Open the Boot Wizard.
- Select any WinPE driver list you like.
- Click on Next.
- Select Standard Boot Disk.
- Hit Next four times.
- Choose a type of boot disk that is writable, such as USB disk ( flash drive ).
- Click Next and Add and Add.
- Browse to the PartInfo.exe file you downloaded.
- In the box called ' Destination folder on the media ' specify ' ghost ' ( without quotes ).
- Click on OK, Next, Next.
- Boot the client computer to WinPE using the boot disk you created in step 2 above. Wait until the Ghost blue and gray screen shows up.
- Exit out of Ghost using ^C. It should take you to a black window with a prompt X:\Windows\system32.
- Type cd.. twice. This should change the prompt to X;\.
- Type cd ghost. The prompt should now read X:\ghost.
- Type PartInfo.exe and hit Enter.
- After running PartInfo.exe, there will be a PartInfo.txt file in the same directory. Copy this file to the flash drive you used in step 2.6. Send this file to technical support.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110304