Steps by Step How To: Creating a pcAnywhere Host
|Article:TECH110693|||||Created: 2009-01-28|||||Updated: 2014-03-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110693|
If step by step documentation is required for how to create a pcAnywhere host, then the following can be referenced.
1. Open pcAnywhere by double clicking on the Symantec pcAnywhere icon on the desktop.
2. Under Views change the view to Advanced View by clicking on the Go to Advanced View link.
3. From the pcAnywhere Manager menu select Hosts.
4. From the File menu select File > New Item > Advanced . . .
5. The Host Properties Menu opens select the Settings tab.
- a. Under Host Start up select the Launch with Windows. (Assuming you want this host to be running even if no one is logged in.
6. Select the Callers tab.
- a. Choose pcAnywhere from the Authentication type drop down menu. (pcAnywhere is a local authentication method but any of the authentication types can be selected here and used instead.)
b. Select the New Item icon (looks like a paper with a yellow star).
c. The callers properties window opens enter a login and password that will be used for connections.
d. Under the Privileges tab select the appropriate levels of permission.
e. Click OK.
7. Select the Encryption tab.
- a. Under the Settings Level select the desired level of encryption.
8. Click OK.
9. Name the Host appropriately so that you can identify it.
Launching a Host
1. Double click on your host to launch the host.
2. Confirm that the host is running and waiting for a remote to connect by hovering the mouse over the pcAnywhere Icon in the system tray.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110693