Best practice for Ghost and RAID
|Article:TECH110942|||||Created: 2009-01-14|||||Updated: 2009-01-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110942|
How does Ghost work with RAID volumes?
Use Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 for use with Windows PE .This is a 32 bit environment based on Windows Vista.
- Do not install the Console Client Agent on a software RAID volume.
- When using software RAID, you may have to break the mirror to image or restore. You may also need the command line switch: -ntiid
- Using the Ghost Console with a server OS requires a server class license. See the document 'Licensing Ghost 11.x' available at http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/docid/2009051416204160?Open&seg=w
For more information, check the links:
- 'How can you tell if Ghost Solution Suite will work to capture or restore an image of a server using a RAID array?'
- 'How to use Symantec Ghost 11.x to image or restore data to a RAID array'
'Does Symantec Ghost work with external RAID volumes?'
- 'How to obtain server licenses for Ghost Solution Suite 2.5' available at http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/docid/2008121714280560?Open&seg=ent
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110942