How to run a command line from the Ghost boot environment using the Ghost Console "Software and File Actions" option.
|Article:TECH111189|||||Created: 2009-01-29|||||Updated: 2010-01-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH111189|
The Ghost Console can execute commands in its PreOS environment. This requires that a new Software and File Actions Task be created. These steps will accomplish this. This assumes the use of WinPE as the default PreOS in Ghost Solution Suite 2.5:
- Choose File > New > Task.
- Name the task in Task Name field.
- Select a target in the "Target Machine Group/Machine" field.
- Check the Software and File Actions box, and then click on the Software and File Actions tab.
- Click the Add button then the radio button for Execute Command, then click Next.
- Type the command line in the Command field.
- Start Ghost32 in restore(clone) mode.
- The source will be drive 1 partition 1, the ghostimage folder, and the image file image.gho.(src=1.1\ghostimage\image.gho).
- The drive to be cloned will be drive 1 (dst=1).
- The Ghostimage folder on drive 1 partition 1 will not be overwritten. (-preservedest=1.1\ghostimage )
- The "-sure" means you will not be asked any questions.
- The "-rb" will reboot the client when the clone is finished.
This command line will:
8. Click Finish.
9. On the Software and File Actions tab, verify that both items are in the Ghost Partition Actions section, and that the Transfer command is above the Execute command. Then click Save.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH111189