Unable to use sftp to connect to iForce IDS Appliance
|Article:TECH112119|||||Created: 2003-01-28|||||Updated: 2007-01-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH112119|
You are attempting to connect to iForce IDS Appliance using sftp when the following error message appears: "sh: sftp-server: not found" and "Fatal: unable to initialize SFTP: could not connect." You know ssh is working because scp and ssh connections to the server are working.
To connect to the appliance using sftp, you need to make one configuration change to the sshd_config file.
To modify the file sshd_config
- Navigate to /usr/local/etc/.
- Open the file sshd_config in a text editor.
- Modify the last line of the configuration file as is shown in this example:
This is the last line in the sshd_config file:
Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/sftp-server
Change the line to look like the following:
Subsystem sftp /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server
- Save, and then close the file.
- Stop, and then start sshd to load the new configuration. You may need to restart the computer to apply the change if stopping ssh will kill your only connection to the computer.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH112119