How to configure multiple Symantec Critical System Protection Managers to send their events to one Microsoft SQL Database.
|Article:TECH112965|||||Created: 2006-01-15|||||Updated: 2008-01-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH112965|
You have multiple Symantec Critical System Protection Managers which need to send their events to a central Microsoft SQL database.
This page tells you how to configure multiple Symantec Critical System Protection management servers to communicate with a SQL database using identical SSL certificates. This configuration lets you distribute the agent traffic load among multiple management servers while still using a central event-tracking database.
To configure the Manager/Database system
- Install the Microsoft SQL Server.
Refer to the Symantec Critical System Protection Installation guide for SQL Server installation requirements.
- Install the Symantec Critical System Protection management server on the first computer.
Follow the SQL Production installation procedure in the installation guide. When you specify the database host name, be sure to use a name or IP that is accessible from all of the management servers.
- Copy the following files from the newly-installed management server. These files are required for each subsequent installation :
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\tomcat\conf\Server.xml
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\Agent-cert.ssl
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\Manager-cert.ssl
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\Ui-cert.ssl
- Install the management server on the next computer with the Eval+MDSE installation option.
Make sure to use the same installation directory path that you used for the first server.
- Stop the Management Server service.
- Replace the Server.xml and the .ssl files in the new server with the files that you copied from the first server.
- Restart the Management Server service.
- The MDSE installation on the new server is no longer required for this process. You may remove it.
- Repeat steps 4-8 for each additional Management Server.
You can connect a Console directly to the IP address of the new management server to verify that it works properly and communicates with the database.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH112965