Release Notes for Symantec Password Self-Service 8.0
|Article:TECH113046|||||Created: 2006-01-09|||||Updated: 2006-01-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113046|
|BindView Password Self Service v8.00|
Thank you for using BindView Password Self Service v8.00. Password Self Service (PSS) helps offload the routine task of resetting passwords from administrators, freeing them up for other activities and provides a 24x7 'password reset' service for your employees.
PSS v8.00 provides capabilities of self-servicing the password resets for user accounts on Windows NT, Active Directory, Novell eDirectory and various UNIX flavors.
PSS v8.00 product has minimum system requirements for installation and use. Before installing the product, ensure that your system meets these minimum requirements:
- Windows 2000 Server with SP3 or Windows 2000 Professional with SP3 and IIS 5.0 OR
- Windows 2003 Enterprise or Windows 2003 Standard with IIS 6.0
- Requires NTFS partition; it cannot be installed on a FAT drive
- CPU - P III 1.2 GHz+
- RAM - 256 MB or more
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- MS-SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2000
- Disk space - 150 MB
We recommend that you review the following notes before using PSS v8.00:
- If you remove an Active Directory domain from the list of domains managed by PSS and if this Active Directory domain was used by Email Identification as well, the Email Identification configuration settings are not removed automatically.
- Password reset for user accounts on MS-SQL Server 2000 instances is not supported.
- If an Active Directory domain is being managed using DC name, then the MS-SQL server installed on the same computer cannot be managed by PSS.
- Exchange 5.5 server on Windows 2000 domain with an ADC connection is not supported for Email Identification.
- If a new domain or server is added using 'Configure Domains and Servers' while 'Refresh Cache' operation is underway, the changes made using the wizard may not be reflected in the recently generated cached information. In such a case, run 'Refresh Cache' again.
The following is a summary of the change history of PSS v8.00:
- Caller Verification.
- Delegation of administrative operations to Help Desk personnel.
- Multi-lingual user interface for employees.
- Crash Recovery of PSS installation.
- Enhanced Group Restrictions.
- Email notifications to employees.
- Audit backup tool.
Your BindView product CD contains the following documentation:
- Getting Started Guide - contains a high-level description on planning and deployment of PSS v8.00.
- Quick Start Card - contains a high-level description of how to install and configure the product.
- Online Help - contains information on how to use the product.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113046