|We recommend that you review the following notes before using bv-Control for NetWare with the BindView RMS Console:
If you modify the credentials in a credential database when a query is running on a given tree, report generation might fail if the query uses the credential database whose credentials were modified.
· Rights Analysis fields display a message for API: NWDSGetEffectiveRights warning message for the object: NLS:License objects. This is acceptable because Novell's ConsoleOne® utility does not allow NLS object rights to be modified.
· ActiveAdmin® functionality is not enabling changes to the Inherited Rights Mask field in the Directory data source.
· DS Revision field in the File Server data source is formatted with commas instead of the straight numeric value displayed in Novell's utility.
· Explanation of the differences between the NLMs on Disk and NLMs Loaded data sources. NLMs on Disk data source display the NLM type files on the NetWare server's SYS volume. Some of Novell's NLMs are kept in the NetWare hidden directory, which may not be displayed in the grid, but such NLMs, if loaded on the NetWare server, will display in the NLMs Loaded data source.
· If you assign a home directory path that contains "special characters" such as 3/4 (example: HOME\BJONES\File 3/4 Space. doc) through NWADMIN, this utility does not update the user's HOME DIRECTORY ATTRIBUTE correctly in Unicode. Thus, the related Home Directory fields will not display this attribute correctly. This is a known issue with Novell.
· Volume data source and NSS volume analysis: Space Used By Directories, Space Used By FAT, and Space Used By Compressed fields may return zeros because these are not attributes of NSS volumes.
· Data Source: DNS Resource Record Set, RR field returns data in HEX format.
· Conform to NLMs does not copy NLMs when the option Never Overwrite Newer is selected.
· The DHCP Subnet Address Range data source, when using ActiveAdmin with the DHCP Server field and selecting to reset to None, does not function properly. Resetting the DNS Update Option via ActiveAdmin does not function properly.
· Files data source: Originating Name Space field is not reporting Mac files correctly.
· The ActiveAdmin functionality for the Volume Information field (mount/dismount volumes) is an exception to the normal grid behavior. It is interactive and does not generate a Change Log entry. This also applies to the NLMs Loaded and Set Variables [Editable] fields in the File Server data source. It is applicable to single edits only.
· Auditing in NetWare has changed with the release of NetWare 6 and subsequent versions. These new versions of NetWare now use NAAS and NNA, and no longer use the same API calls as Auditcon. The bv-Control for NetWare product uses API calls that are supported in NetWare versions 4.x and 5.x, but if there is an attempt to configure NetWare 6 (or subsequent versions) with these API calls, adverse results may occur. Therefore, we strongly advise that NDS auditing not be enabled through bv-Control for NetWare environments where NetWare 6 (or subsequent versions) holds replicas of the partitions being audited, and that volume auditing not be configured on NetWare 6 (or subsequent versions) servers through bv-Control for NetWare.
· BindView supports Auditing for NetWare enhanced Security servers, which is based on the Audit File Object. To successfully enable auditing on a container, you must have the following rights:
o Read right for container object's Audit File Link property. This is necessary to determine the existence of an Audit File Object.
o Write right to container object's Audit File Link property to modify to point to the Audit File object.
o Create object right to the container object where the container object is located.
· BindView does not support the password-based auditing (NetWare 4.10). This option can be enabled on individual servers by setting the ALLOW AUDIT PASSWORDS console parameter. This may result in an unsuccessful attempt to enable the auditing of containers in mixed configurations via our Console.
· If you encounter issues with initiating Auditing for the first time, you may need to create the Audit File Object via auditcon.exe, or call Tech Support for assistance.
· In order to use the ...In File? fields, the "checking" files must be located on a network server, not the local system's directory.
· Information contained in the Dialog Book may be different from the data in the grid. The reason this occurs is because when you double-click on a record in the grid, the data is re-gathered for the Dialog Book and therefore may have changed.
· On Macintosh machines, the "Originating Name Space" field will report LONG or DOS even when MAC name space is supported on the volume.
· For remote installations, the first time you access Pre-defined query binders, the query will be successful, but the following system message will be displayed: "A failure occurred: An error occurred while accessing the folder to monitor: The network BIOS command limit has been reached." When you access this query again, this system message will not occur.
· When you specify an unlisted tree, if a Novell Tree is added to the credential database by using the Specify Unlisted Tree feature and if the credentials to access the tree are not getting verified, you need to log into the Novell Tree by using a Novell Client for successful verification of the credentials.
· The file, Pre-Defined Query Index.xls, containing a list of shipped pre-defined queries, is placed at Uninstalled Files\bv-Control for NetWare inside the Pre-Defined folder.
· To report NetWare-related functionality and fields using bv-Control for NDS eDirectory, ensure that bv-Control for NDS eDirectory and bv-Control for NetWare are of the same version.