Release Notes: Symantec RMS Console and Information Server v8.00 SP2 Hotfix CRJ221297
|Article:TECH113320|||||Created: 2006-01-17|||||Updated: 2006-01-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113320|
File Details for Patch
Associated Product/Version: BindView RMS Console v8.00 SP2
Release Date: Jun 29, 2006
This Hotfix addresses the following issues:
- When a baseline query is performed on a historical dataset and the original query includes a List field, and "show only added and deleted list items" was selected in the Baseline dialog, and one of the fields contains a special value, the result of the baseline query would be blank. This Hotfix corrects the error, and baseline queries are now performed correctly on historical datasets that contain List fields.
- Baseline queries on historical datasets in bv-Control for UNIX are now cases-sensitive.
- This Hotfix makes changes to the way certain dialogs are displayed, and accelerator keys are now supported in Scoping and Credentials dialogs. Your bv-Control product will need to be updated to take advantage of this change.
- This Hotfix includes a change to the way the BindView RMS Console handles the primary keys used when performing Baseline queries for increased reliability.
- This Hotfix changes the error message displayed if a remote BindView RMS Console user does not have permission to connect to the BindView Information Server. The new message includes possible causes of the failure to connect and lists the Local Security Policy settings that are required to connect to the BindView RMS Information Server.
- When the BindView RMS Console performs an export of the Date/Time field, it incorrectly replaces certain special values, including "[Never]," with a date. This Hotfix corrects the error, and the special values are exported correctly.
- Hotfix CRJ215368 introduced changes to the way the BindView RMS Console verified a new unattended Export Credential's ability to connect to the BindView Information Server. This Hotfix removes those changes.
Note: This is a rollup Hotfix for the BindView RMS Console and Information Server v8.00 SP2, which includes the following related Hotfixes that address these issues:
- In the Query Builder, the Custom and Report Run Time fields have "unknown field" in the field info. This Hotfix adds appropriate field info for each of these fields.
- When a query containing the bv-Control for Windows "Effective Member" field in the Group data source was exported to the Excel (OLE) format, the field would improperly contain "###" instead of the correct text. This Hotfix corrects the error, and queries containing this field will now export correctly to the Excel (OLE) format.
- Under certain circumstances, when errors occur, the BindView RMS Console can lose the ability to access historical result sets. This Hotfix adds a new tool, BVChkDsk.exe, to automatically repair the underlying errors and restore the ability to access historical result sets.
- Previously, the BindView RMS Console would allow a manual column setting to be set as the default report style. This Hotfix corrects the error, and manual column settings can no longer be set as the default report style.
- Under certain circumstances, when the BindView RMS Information Server is processing a query with a very large result set on a machine whose Regional Options in the Regional and Language Options Control Panel are set to a non-US region, the Information Server will fail to correctly process the query, and the error message "A Critical Failure Occurred" appears. This Hotfix corrects the error, and queries with very large result sets will now complete correctly when any Region is selected in the Regional and Language Options Control Panel.
- Previously, when exporting a grid to a network share using the Excel (OLE) export format, the export would fail, and the error message "Access Denied" would appear. This Hotfix corrects the error, and grid exports to network shares using the Excel (OLE) export format will complete correctly.
- Previously, when a report attempted to perform calculations on the "Total Mailbox Size(MB)" field in the "Mailbox Properties" or "Mailbox-Enabled User Properties" data sources in bv-Control for Microsoft Exchange, the error message "Error in file: invalid summary type" would appear in the Print Preview dialog, when printing and when exporting the report. This hotfix changes the behavior of those fields, and it is no longer possible to perform calculations on these fields.
- Previously, when fields in a report were grouped, an extra blank page of the report was printed after the last group in the report. This Hotfix corrects the error, and no extra blank pages will be printed.
- This Hotfix makes changes to the error messages that appear in the BindView RMS Console when the BindView Information Server is unable to complete an unattended Export of a task list.
- The Export Settings dialog has been updated to clarify exactly what is being configured. In particular, Export Settings for each possible destination are noted as:
- Not ready
- Ready (using default)
- Attended exports only
- If a user enters credentials for bv-Control for Active Directory using the "specify domain" option and there are preexisting credentials, the credentials for the second domain overwrite the credentials entered previously for the first domain. This Hotfix corrects the error, and credentials can now be entered for multiple domains in bv-Control for Active Directory.
- This Hotfix makes internal changes to the way information is transferred to the BindView Compliance Center and BindView Security Management Center to enhance reliability.
- This Hotfix corrects the order of fields selected when you press the Tab key in the Task List dialog box.
- This Hotfix makes changes to optimize use of internal databases in busy production environments.
- If a file called program.exe is at the root of the c:\ drive, previous Hotfix installers would attempt to launch the file when the Hotfix installation was complete. This Hotfix corrects the problem, and the Hotfix installation utility will no longer try to open other programs.
- Previously, the BindView RMS Console supported the 8 most common Windows regions. This Hotfix adds the ability to display correctly in grids, in reports, and in exported files in all predefined Windows regions. Custom settings in the Regional and Language Options Control Panel will be reflected in the grid, but not in exported files or reports.
- This Hotfix improves the ability of the BindView RMS Console to display diagnostic messages when an error occurs when handling internal databases.
- Under certain circumstances, when Hotfix CRJ212312 was installed, the BindView RMS Console would improperly display time fields when the computer running the Console was using non-US Regional and Language settings. This Hotfix corrects the error, and time fields will be displayed correctly. If a grid containing a time field is exported to the Excel (OLE) format, the default formatting for the field in some versions of Excel does not display the seconds in the time. Change the cell's format to include display of the seconds to view them.
- When a query with multiple fields was exported to the Paginated Text or Text formats, one or more fields could be omitted from the exported data. This Hotfix corrects the error, and exports to the Paginated Text and Text formats will complete properly.
- After installing Hotfix CRJ212312, the Report Preview dialog displays a blank row when a query has both Form and List fields. This Hotfix corrects the error, and queries which contain Form and List fields will display correctly in the Report Preview dialog.
- This Hotfix improves the ability of bv-Control for Oracle to update its Credential Databases when upgrading to a new version of bv-Control for Oracle.
- Under certain circumstances, when a query's result set is exported to the PDF, HTML4.0 or Microsoft Word formats, the error message "An unknown error occurred" would appear, and the export would fail. This Hotfix corrects the error, and exports to these formats will now complete correctly.
- When a query containing the bv-Control for Windows "Event Descript" field was exported to the Excel (OLE) format, the field would improperly contain "###" instead of the correct text. This Hotfix corrects the error, and queries containing this field will now export correctly to the Excel (OLE) format.
- When an ActiveAdmin Session Log was exported, the export would fail to complete properly. This Hotfix corrects the error, and ActiveAdmin Session Logs will now be exported properly.
- Under certain circumstances, the SetPermissions.exe utility used by the BindView RMS Console could fail, and an Access Violation error would be displayed. This Hotfix corrects the error, and the SetPermissions.exe utility now works correctly.
- Under certain circumstances, a historical dataset query would fail to complete and the computer would not respond to the user. This Hotfix corrects the error, and historical dataset queries will now complete correctly.
- Under certain circumstances, the BindView RMS Web Console would fail to complete, and would display the error message "RMS Web Console error 1137. A query necessary for the query builder to function properly could not be executed on the Information Server." This Hotfix corrects the error, and BindView RMS Web Console queries will now complete correctly.
- When exporting to the SQL Server format, the BindView RMS Console did not allow you to specify an IP Address in the Server Name field. This Hotfix changes this behavior, and you may now specify a Microsoft SQL Server as an export destination by IP Address.
- Under certain circumstances, the BindView RMS Console would stop responding on busy multi-processor machines. This Hotfix corrects the error, and the BindView RMS Console will no longer stop responding in this situation.
- If a BindView RMS Console user's account name contained one or more ampersand (&) characters, any attempt to run a Task List would fail. This Hotfix corrects the error, and users whose account name includes an ampersand can now run Task Lists.
- If the BindView RMS Console was used to export a grid containing Date and Time fields to the Excel (OLE) format and the machine hosting the BindView RMS Console used any "German" format in the Windows Regional and Language Options Control Panel, the date and time formats would be displayed incorrectly in the exported file. This error has been corrected, and it is now possible to export to the Excel (OLE) file format while using the German Regional and Language Options.
- When using any ActiveAdmin dialog box, it was not possible to Cut from or Paste to text fields. This Hotfix corrects the error, and it is now possible to Cut and Paste in text fields in ActiveAdmin dialog boxes.
- When a query's result set contained Japanese text, the Japanese characters were incorrectly replaced with the null box character ("[ ]"). This Hotfix corrects the error, and Japanese text will be displayed correctly in query result sets.
- When a single user account attempted to start a second BindView RMS Console on the same or different machine connected to the same Information Server, an error message appears. This Hotfix clarifies the error message to explain that a user account can only be used to run one BindView RMS Console session at a time.
- When exporting to the BindView Decision Support Center (DSC) format, the BindView RMS Console specified an incorrect date for the export in the DSC file. This Hotfix corrects the error, and the correct date is now specified in files exported to the Decision Support Center format.
- Under certain circumstances, when the BindView RMS Console shuts down, it includes spurious error entries in the host computer's Application Event Log. This Hotfix corrects the error, and only valid error entries will be recorded in the Application Event Log.
- The BindView RMS Console uses the "BV Console Users" and "BV Console Admins" groups on the machines hosting the BindView Information Server. If either of those groups is deleted, the BindView RMS Console will not start, and an error message will not be displayed. This Hotfix changes the BindView RMS Console to display a descriptive error message when either of these groups is missing.
- Previously, if a BindView RMS Console user selected a new printer in the User Report Style Settings dialog (accessed by opening the user's Properties dialog in the User Manager and clicking the Report Style button on the Export Settings tab), the printer would not be permanently stored as the default printer unless the user clicked the Save Selected Printer check box. This Hotfix corrects this behavior, and now if a new printer is selected in this dialog, it will automatically be set as the default BindView RMS Console printer.
- Previously, when a date was displayed in a grid or exported, the BindView RMS Console would ignore the date display settings in the Regional and Language Options control panel and always display the date in United States format, MM/DD/YYYY. This Hotfix corrects the error, and date display and export will now be appropriate for the selected date options.
- This Hotfix adds text describing the selected export format to the Choose Export dialog as a quick reference to the format's requirements.
- If the BindView RMS Console was used to view the results of a Task List and one of the queries that composed the Task List used a Named Scope, and the Named Scope's name included the "&" symbol, the Task List would fail to display and the following error message would appear: "Item content could not be displayed. There was an error while loading the item." This Hotfix corrects the error, and you may now use the "&" symbol in the names of Named Scopes used in queries included in Task Lists.
- Under certain circumstances, when exporting large amounts of data to the Adobe Acrobat (PDF), RTF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Crystal Reports (RPT), Record Style (REC), HTML 4.0, Text file (TXT), and Microsoft Excel 5.0, 7.0, or 8.0 export formats, a failure in the Crystal Reports export engine used by the BindView RMS Console could cause the export to fail. The "Crystal 10 Common" and "Crystal 10 Database and Export Drivers" Hotfixes for that Export engine, available from http://support.businessobjects.com/fix/hot/mhf/crystalreports.asp will correct the problem, but require the user to make manual changes to the Registry. After installing this Hotfix, the BindView RMS Console will automatically check if the changes are needed and make them when required.
- When a query in the Files data source in bv-Control for UNIX includes a text file in the result set, and the result set is exported to the XML file format, the left bracket "[" character is improperly substituted for any "<" characters in the original source file, while the right bracket "]" character is improperly substituted for any ">" characters. This Hotfix corrects the error, and ">" characters in bv-Control for UNIX result sets will be properly exported to the XML file format in the "<" and ">" sequences.
- When a query result set containing more that 80 fields is exported, the export will fail, and the error message "Too many fields" is displayed. This Hotfix replaces the error message displayed when this failure occurs with one that is more descriptive of the error.
- Under certain circumstances, when the BindView RMS Console is closed, it fails to properly shut down the Microsoft Management Console (mmc.exe) and the BindView Job Processor (BVJobProcessor.exe). This Hotfix corrects the error, and the BindView RMS Console will properly shut down the BindView Job Processor and the Microsoft Management Console.
- When a Baseline query's result set that includes a Form or List field is exported to the Excel 5.0, 7.0, or 8.0 format, or to the Excel (using OLE) format, only the first line of text in the form or list is included. This Hotfix corrects the error, and all text in Form or List fields will be included when exporting to these formats.
- Previously, when new BindView RMS Users were created, exports to the BindView Decision Support Center format used the v3.0 file format by default. This Hotfix changes the default for new users for BindView DSC exports to the v7.0 file format. You may still manually change to the v3.0 format if desired.
- When a field that stores symbolic values as ordinal numbers is exported to the SQL Server format, the ordinal numbers used for storing the symbolic values, rather than the symbolic values themselves, were incorrectly exported. This Hotfix corrects the error, and symbolic values will be exported correctly.
- If the BindView Information Server performed an unattended export to the SQL or SQL (Enhanced) formats and the destination table was named "TABLE," the export would fail due to a SQL error. This Hotfix corrects the problem, and the BindView RMS Console now displays an error message when you attempt to export to a table named "TABLE."
- If the column widths in a report are specified manually and a column is removed from the report, the BindView RMS Console incorrectly used the width assigned to the missing column for the next column, and so on. This Hotfix corrects the error, and will correctly handle manually defined column widths when a column is deleted.
- If the Same as Grid item was selected in a grid's Report Settings and the BindView RMS Console exported the grid, the BindView RMS Console would improperly change the Same as Grid setting so that it would be unselected. This Hotfix corrects the error, and the Same as Grid item's setting will be retained when the grid is exported.
- The BindView Information Server's Job Processor uses the BVPMServer user account created automatically during installation when processing queries. For the Job Processor to use this account, it must be a member of the local Administrators group on the machine that hosts the Information Server. If the account is removed from the local Administrators group, the Job Processor, and thus any queries, will fail, but the error message that appears does not correctly describe the problem. This Hotfix updates the error message that appears when the BVPMServer user account is not in the local Administrators group to correctly identify the problem that exists and how to correct it.
- When the Information Server service is stopped manually or during shutdown of the computer that hosts the Information Server, the individual services that make up the Information Server are shut down in random order. If a service that has not yet shut down attempts to communicate with one that is shut down, it will fail to communicate and will log an error in the computer's Application Event Log. While technically there is a failure to communicate, the failure is not significant and should not be logged. This Hotfix changes the way errors are logged while the Information Server is in the process of shutting down. These changes remove these erroneous errors.
- If the BindView RMS Console exported a field containing the Date data type to a CSV file, the field would not be interpreted as a date by the application that opened the CSV file. This Hotfix corrects the error, and Date fields are now properly exported to CSV files.
- If the BindView RMS Console encounters difficulty connecting to the BindView Information Server, the error messages it displays are not meaningful to users. This Hotfix adds logic to diagnose the most common errors and provides meaningful error messages that include suggested ways to correct the errors.
- When the BindView RMS Console exported to the SQL Server or SQL (Enhanced) destinations, it was possible to specify invalid characters in the SQL Server's name. When this happened, the export would fail and an error message that did not describe the problem adequately would appear. This Hotfix corrects the error, and invalid characters are no longer permitted in SQL Server names.
- If the BindView RMS Console attempted to export to a Disk File destination and the Folder Name field in the Export Settings dialog specified an invalid path, the export would fail with an appropriate error message. If the user updated the Folder Name with a valid path and pressed Enter to retry the export immediately, the updated path would not be used, and the export would fail. This Hotfix corrects the error, and the BindView RMS Console will use the updated path immediately.
- Under certain circumstances, the error message "A failure occurred: a cache table named internal_products already exists" would appear when configuring installed bv-Control products and the configuration could not be completed. This Hotfix corrects the problem. New installations will not encounter this error, and existing installations that have encountered it will now be able to correctly configure any installed bv-Control products.
- Under certain circumstances, the Select Query Binder dialog did not display the entire name of a Query when the Query's name was very long. This Hotfix corrects the issue, and very long Query names will be displayed in the Select Query Binder.
- When exporting to the Excel 5, Excel 7, or Excel 8 formats, only the first line of text of FORM or LIST fields is included. This Hotfix corrects the error, and the entire contents of FORM and LIST fields are now included in exports to these formats.
This Hotfix only applies to version 8.00 SP2 of the BindView RMS Console and Information Server, and version 8.0 SP2 must be installed before installing this Hotfix. Please contact BindView Technical Support or your BindView sales representative for information on obtaining BindView RMS Console and Information Server v8.00 SP2.
Installing the Hotfix
Before you install this Hotfix, you must close any BindView RMS products that are running.
To install this Hotfix
- Double-click the BindView_RMS_V8.0_SP2_HF_CRJ221297.EXE file.
- The Location to Save Files dialog appears. Click Next to install the Hotfix.
- When the files have been extracted, the BindView Product Installation Welcome dialog appears. Click Next to continue.
- The software License Agreement dialog appears. Read the agreement, then click Yes to agree and continue installing the Hotfix.
- The Start Copying Files dialog appears. Click Next to install the Hotfix.
- When the installation is complete, the Setup Complete dialog appears. You can choose to view these Release Notes, to launch the BindView RMS Console, or both. Click Finish to close the installer.
This Hotfix must be installed on the BindView Information Server, existing BindView RMS Console installations, and all later-installed BindView RMS Console installations.
This Hotfix is copied to the BindView\RMS directory and the BindView\RMS\Tools directory.
|Tools Files (Shared)||
|Tools Files (Server)||
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113320