How to increase the number of Data Collection Agents (DCAs) in bv-Control for Windows.
|Article:TECH113560|||||Created: 2007-01-27|||||Updated: 2012-08-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113560|
This document describes how to increase the number of Data Collection Agents in bv-Control for Windows.
There are two methods to increase the number of DCAs.
- Open RMS Console.
- Expand bv-Control for Windows | Select Configuration.
- Open bvConfig from the right pane.
- Select a Query Engine | Open Query Engine Settings.
- Go to Agents tab | Double click DCA
- Under Agent Parameters set the Maximum number of Concurrent Agents to wanted number.
- Click OK twice.
- NOTE: Using this method, the number can be increased by up to 54.
Increase the number of DCAs through registry. In this method there is no limit for the number.
- NOTE: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried out by persons that are experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry be made before making any registry changes.
- Open registry editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BindView\BindView Query Engine\Kernel.
- In the right pane, create a new DWORD value called LSD_MaximumAgents.
- Set the value to the wanted number.
- Close registry editor.
See bv-Control for Windows Guide for more information.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113560