How to create a query that checks the existence of a particular file
|Article:TECH113638|||||Created: 2007-01-18|||||Updated: 2012-08-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113638|
How do you create a query in bv-Control for Windows that checks the existence of a particular file?
Perform the following steps to create the query
- In the RMS Console, launch the query building wizard by clicking the Red Book icon on the toolbar.
- Expand bv-Control for Windows and select the Machines data source.
- On the Field Specification tab expand File Info and select File version.
- A File Version Descriptor window pops up. Click Change Descriptor.
- Expand Advanced Descriptor.
- Select Enter a file path and click Add. Additional settings window pops up.
- Give the complete path of the file and click OK to run the query.
- The machines where the file is present give the file version number and the machines where the file is not present show as Not Found.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113638