Error "RPC Server is unavailable"
|Article:TECH113676|||||Created: 2007-01-28|||||Updated: 2008-01-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113676|
How to resolve the error "RPC Server is unavailable", seen on query results.
An error appears under messages in the query results "The RPC server is unavilable. The computer can not be contacted. Verify that the computer is running, connected to the network and not configured to block file and printer sharing."
- Information in this solution applies to Control Compliance Suite (CCS) for Windows.
The Remote Procedure Call service on the target machine is stopped.
1. Verify connectivity to the target computer. On the Information Server, click Start | Run | then type cmd. At the command prompt, use the PING command to ping the target computer.
- NOTE: If the ping is unsuccessful, then it could be a network issue or the target computer is not running.
2. Verify that the RPC Server service is running on the target computer. On the target computer, click Start | Run | then type services.msc. Press Enter.
3. Start the Remote Procedure Call service if it is stopped.
4. Run the query again.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113676