How to obtain the latest version of Control Compliance Suite
|Article:TECH113940|||||Created: 2008-01-08|||||Updated: 2010-01-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113940|
Follow either of these methods to obtain the latest version of Control Compliance Suite (CCS) Data Collection or Reporting & Analytics.
1. Obtain a product serial key from Symantec Sales, Symantec Licensing, or in certain circumstances Symantec Support.
- See "How to engage Symantec Licensing for help with product licensing issues" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007111214125853.
- See "How to engage Symantec Support for help with Control Compliance Suite (CCS)" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007110510041753.
3. Select the respective language.
4. Enter the product serial key, then follow the prompts to download the software.
1. Log into the Symantec Licensing portal at http://licensing.symantec.com.
- NOTE: To obtain a user ID or password for the portal, see "How to engage Symantec Licensing for help with product licensing issues" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007111214125853.
3. Enter the serial number from the associates Licenses Certificate received from the initial purchase provided by Symantec Sales. Typically, these serial numbers will consist of an alpha numeric number beginning with the letter "M" followed by ten numeric digits.
4. Click the Submit button.
5. On the "Verify the serial numbers of the license to register" screen, click the Next button.
6. On the "Verify and enter information related to license registration" screen, enter your e-mail address, then click the Complete Registration button.
7. On the "Registered Licenses and Corresponding License Keys" screen, click the Get Software button to download CCS.
SEE ALSO "How to obtain the latest cumulative hotfix (CHF) for Control Compliance Suite (CCS)" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007101811234353.
Control Compliance Suite 8.6 release date 4-Dec-2007.
Control Compliance Suite 10 release date 3-Jun-2010.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113940