An error appears when running bv-Control for Windows Query "Agent Timed out. Unable to execute atomic job... agent hung. Error code 1235".
|Article:TECH113976|||||Created: 2008-01-14|||||Updated: 2011-09-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113976|
Information in this solution applies to bv-Control for Windows v.8.0 and later.
- An error appears when running bv-Control for Windows Patch Assessment Query "Agent Timed out. Unable to execute atomic job... agent hung. Error code 1235".
EXAMPLE OF ERROR MESSAGE IN RESULTS;
XXX - Unable to execute Atomic Job(XXX) on SQE(HOSTNAME) because the Agent hung. Error Code: 1235 - Query Engine: The Agent timed out.
Follow these steps to increase the maximum timeout for query engines:
- WARNING: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons that are experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made before making any registry changes.
- On the computer hosting the master query engine (MQE), go to Start > Run,
- Type regedit. Click OK.
- Navigate to the registry hive;
HKLM\SOFTWARE\BindView\BindView Query Engine\Agents\DCA.
64 bit host;
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BindView\BindView Query Engine\Agents\DCA.
Change the MaxTimeBeforeTerminate value to 60. (14 Hexadecimal is the default value)
4. Close regedit.
Then if no jobs are running complete the following;
- Go to Start > Run, then type services.msc. Click OK.
- Restart the Bindview Query Engine service.
- Close "Services."
- Re-run the Patch Assessment query.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113976