Browser error 'Server Application Unavailable' is generated when user attempts to use the Policy Portal home page to view a published policy.
|Article:TECH114094|||||Created: 2008-01-11|||||Updated: 2008-01-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH114094|
End users can view the published policy when they log in to the Policy Portal home page. The user receives a 'Server Application Unavailable' error upon browsing to the Policy Portal home page (http://webserver/SMC/PolicyManager).
Error 1 - Internet Explorer (browser) error:
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
Error 2 - Application event log (event 1062):
Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1062
Time: 9:28:10 AM
Description: It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process.
It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process.
Use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process.
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Right click Application Pools, select New > Application Pool.
- Provide an Application pool ID, i.e. Policy Manager.
- Using the default settings, select OK.
- Browse to the PolicyManager web, the default location is Web Sites > Default Web Site > SMC > PolicyManager.
- Right-click the PolicyManager web and select properties.
- From the Virtual Directory tab, go to Application Pool and from the drop-down box, select the newly created Application Pool.
- Select Apply and then select OK.
- Restart IIS.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH114094