Microsoft Access is no longer available as an export format in Control Compliance Suite (CCS) 8.50 Data Collector.
|Article:TECH114321|||||Created: 2008-01-08|||||Updated: 2012-05-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH114321|
Several export format types that were previously available in earlier version of the RMS Console are no longer available by default in the Control Compliance Suite - Data Collector v8.50. The formats that have been removed are as follows:
- Microsoft Access 2000 (MDB)
- Crystal Reports (RPT)
- dBase IV (DBF)
- Excel v5 (XLS)
- Excel v7 (XLS)
- HTML 4.0
- Paginated Text
- Record Style (Columns of Values)
- Rich Text format (RTF)
- Tab-separated values
To add back any of the formats previously available, make this registry change:
WARNING: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons that are experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made before you make any registry changes
- On the Information Server, run Regedit.
- Create a DWORD key ShowAdvancedExportsButton under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BindView. Set its value to 1.
- Open the RMS Console, open a query, and click Grid > Export.
- Click the [Choose...] button in the Export Setup Dialog, the 'Choose Export' Dialog pops up.
- In this dialog, there is a new button [...]. Click on it and select the export format(s) to add.
- RMS automatically remembers this setting. On the next run, the user gets the selected format(s) in the dropdown box itself.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH114321