Error "Access Denied" while connecting to the Information Server (IS) from a remote RMS Console
|Article:TECH114956|||||Created: 2008-01-23|||||Updated: 2009-01-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH114956|
Error "Access Denied" while connecting to the IS from a remote RMS Console
An error appears while connecting to the IS from a remote RMS Console.
- " A Failure occurred: Failed to connect to the Bindview Information Server 'BVIS_Machine_Name' because access was denied. In order for the RMS Console to connect to a remote BVIS machine, your user account must have the following security-policy privileges on that machine:
- Access this computer from the network
Allow log on locally
Bypass traverse checking
A change has been made in COM to provide computer-wide access controls that govern access to all call, activation, or launch requests on the computer. For more information, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679714(VS.85).aspx.
Place the remote RMS users in new "Distributed COM Users" group. Follow these steps:
1. On the Information Server, right click My Computer, then click Manage.
2. Click Users and Groups.
3. Add the remote RMS users to the Distributed COM Users local group.
4. Launch the remote RMS Console again.
- NOTE: The remote users must authenticate to the Information Server again in order for the changes to take effect.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH114956