Control Compliance Suite (CCS) Reporting & Analytics client fails to connect to the CCS Server on port 3990
|Article:TECH115100|||||Created: 2008-01-19|||||Updated: 2010-10-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH115100|
Control Compliance Suite Reporting & Analytics client fails to connect to the Control Compliance Suite Server on port 3990
Any of the following conditions may apply:
- The CCS Server is not listening on port 3990
- The CCS Server service is not running
- Local firewall settings are preventing communication with the host on port 3990
- No Symantec CCS Server is installed
Perform the following checks:
Verify BindView.AALService.exe service is present and running on target CCS server.
1. On the CCS Server, click Start | Run, then type services.msc.
2. Locate the CCS Server Service.
3. Start the service if it is stopped, then attempt to connect again with the Reporting & Analytics client.
Verify listening port of BindView.AALService.exe by obtaining this service's Process Identification (PID) via Windows Task Manager. Use NETSTAT and FIND to check the port.
1. On the CCS Server, open Task Manager.
2. In the list, locate the BindView.AALService.exe service. Make note of the process ID (PID) for t he BindView.AALService.exe service.
- NOTE: For this example, PID 2672 will be used.
3. Click Start | Run, then type "cmd" without the quotes. Press Enter.
4.. At the command prompt, type NETSTAT -anov | FIND "2672"
5. If the following results appear, then the port is listening:
- TCP 0.0.0.0:3991 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2672
In this case PID corresponds to a local address of 0.0.0.0:3991; the listening port is then 3991
Verify connectivity via TELNET between the Reporting & Analytics client and the CCS Server to determine if a firewall is the issue.
1. On the Reporting & Analytics client, click Start | Run, then type TELNET [Insert SMC Server Name here without brackets] 3991
2. Telnet will attempt to connect. A firewall may not be configured to allow access if the following message appears:
- Connecting To [Server Name]...Could not open connection to the host, on port 3991: Connect failed
3. Contact a network or firewall administrator to allow bidirectional communication between the Reporting & Analytics client and the CCS Server across port 3991.
- NOTE: If the screen turns black with a flashing underscore, then telnet connected and a firewall port is open. Type CTRL+], then QUIT to exit telnet.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH115100