Error while updating Dashboard
|Article:TECH115467|||||Created: 2009-01-26|||||Updated: 2009-01-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH115467|
Following error comes up while updating Dashboard: 'The Symantec CCS Server in machine (machine name) encountered error code: 8115 (Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime. The statement has been terminated.) interacting with the SQL Server in machine (machine name).'
The date format used by Control Compliance Suite is different than the date format SQL server is using.
Need to change the date format CCS is using to make it same as that of SQL server. SQL server by default uses the US standard date format of MM/DD/YYYY. CCS uses the date format of the machine where it is installed. So to change the date format of the machine follow the steps given below...
1. Open Control Panel
2. Open Regional and Language Options
3. On the Regional Options tab click Customize
4. Select the Date Tab on the new window
5. Under Short Date section-click the drop down arrow next to Short Date Format
6. Select the MM/DD/YYYY option from the drop down menu
7. Click Apply and OK twice to close both the windows
8. Re-start the SMC Server and SMC Job Server services
9. Verify if the issue exists, if the issue still exists contact Symantec Technical Support
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH115467