LiveUpdate Client functionality in Windows 2008 with UAC (User Account Control) enabled
|Article:TECH115637|||||Created: 2009-01-20|||||Updated: 2013-08-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH115637|
LiveUpdate Client suppresses the UAC prompt dialog that pops-up to elevate user privileges. The prompt is running but not shown to the user and will time-out.
The following error is displayed:
LiveUpdate downloaded all the updates you requested, but all of them failed to install.
Windows 2008 UAC prompt is not displayed
Please utilize one following workarounds:
- Temporarily disable UAC.
- Run LiveUpdate client under the Local Administrator Account
- Change the Local Security Policy to "Elevate without prompting". Steps below:
- Open the Local Security Policy. Expand the Local Polices folder
- Drill down to Security Options folder.
- Scroll down, and locate the family of settings beginning with 'User Account Control'.
- Focus on: User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrator. Double click and set to: Elevate without prompting.
- Restart you Windows Server 2008 computer.
When the computer restarts, try running LiveUpdate Client.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH115637