Advanced query Building: How to query user permissions on a particular directory of a machine in the domain.
|Article:TECH116094|||||Created: 2009-01-18|||||Updated: 2012-08-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH116094|
How to query user permissions on a particular directory of a machine in the domain.
Build a query using the Users Datasource in bv-Control for Windows. Follow these steps:
- Open RMS Console and click on the New Query icon. It is the Red book icon on icon bar across the top.
- Expand bv-Control for Windows, then select the Users datasource.
- From the Field specification tab, remove "Fully qualified name" and add "User Name (Pre-Windows 2000)" and "Eff.Perms to file/Dir (Network, Analysis) <FORM>.
- "Eff.Perms to file/Dir (Network, Analysis) <FORM> window pops up.Click on the "Change Descriptor" tab.
- Descriptor : "Eff.Perms to file/Dir (Network, Analysis) <FORM> window opens up.
- Expand "Microsoft Windows Network" and select the directory from the desired machine and click on "ADD" tab.Click OK to close the window.
- Scope it down to your domain.
- Click the radio button next to Grid, then click OK to run the query.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH116094