Diagnose issue: unable to connect with the Performance Viewer
|Article:TECH11907|||||Created: 2006-01-16|||||Updated: 2007-07-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH11907|
Diagnose issue: unable to connect with the Performance Viewer.
- Ensure that the agent is up and running on the target computer.
- Ensure that the NS computer is up and running. The NS computer functions as a “proxy” for the agent computer; for example, the browser connects with the NS computer which in turn connects to the agent.
- Ensure that the host name in the browser address bar can be resolved through DNS on the computer running the browser.
- Ensure that the NS computer is specified as the Notification Server that the agent is reporting to. This is a security measure to prevent unauthorized access to the agent.
- If licensing errors occur when loading PerfMon GUI, check to make sure if a Monitor Pack license has expired.
- Check access to getlicensedetails.aspx page, test by accessing the URL: http://<server name>/altiris/NS/Agent/GetLicenseDetails.aspx.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH11907