SOFTWARE MANAGER IMPORT: When importing .SOE, source files do not distribute to the share point though the option is selected; also sourch paths are not updated in Software Manager
|Article:TECH12273|||||Created: 2006-02-02|||||Updated: 2009-05-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH12273|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Files are not distributed to the share point when an .SOE is imported into software manager and the distribute option is selected.
In addition, the source paths of the files in Software Manager are not updated.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create an .SOE (you might want to fix the files to just pick a portion of the file system)
2. Open Software Manager and click Import. The Import Wizard appears.
3. Select Import a single file into the Software Manager database
4. Click the Browse button and locate the .SOE
5. Ensure that the Distribute source files to the share point directory is marked.
6. Click Next. The Package Details dialog appears.
7. Populate the Application and Package Name fields.
8. Click Finish.
Note that in the Task Manager, no distribution task ever appears.
9. Go to Software Manager and drill into the .SOE
10. Open the details for one of the files.
Note that the source location is still the local path on the original machine
Wise Package Studio 6.01
This issue is fixed in Wise Package Studio 7.0.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH12273