Symantec Endpoint Protection states that "an application has changed since the last time you used it."
|Article:TECH123331|||||Created: 2010-01-18|||||Updated: 2013-01-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH123331|
You receive a popup from Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client stating that "an application has changed since the last time you used it. This could happen if you have updated it recently. Click Detail to see more information. Do you want to allow it to access the network?”
You want to prevent all future popups regarding this application.
This notification is generated by the Network Application Monitoring feature within the product. You can add programs to the Unmonitored Application List in order to prevent SEP from generating these notices for certain applications.
To do this, follow the steps detailed below:
- Log into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).
- Navigate to the the Clients page.
- Choose the Client Group that the affected client(s) is a member of.
- Go to the Policies tab for that group.
- Open Network Application Monitoring option.
- Click Add.
- Specify any combination of criteria for the specific application’s executable file.
Alternatively, if you have SEP configured to learn applications, you can click "Add From..." and search for the application from within the list of applications that SEP has detected and learned.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH123331