Unable to activate Backup Exec System Recovery or Symantec System Recovery after a fresh installation
|Article:TECH125096|||||Created: 2010-01-01|||||Updated: 2014-05-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125096|
Unable to activate Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) or Symantec System Recovery (SSR) after a fresh installation
Error E1AD3212: "You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. See help for more information about security settings"
MS Windows Environment
First, ensure that the installation is installed by a user with ADMINISTRATOR rights. When launching BESR or SSR for the first time, right-mouse click on the shortcut and choose to RUN AS administrator.
If this procedure fails, it is possible that the installation is corrput. This can be caused by running the BESR or SSR installation from a shared network location.
- From the installation media, locate and right-click on mouse on browser.exe and choose to RUN AS administrator.
- Click "NEXT" when asked for 'type of installation' select 'REPAIR' radio button and click NEXT.
- On next screen click "INSTALL NOW".
- Once the repair process completes, open the console and proceed with the activation.
- Put the license key when prompted and click add and continue with activation.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125096