HOWTO install Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA) GUI for product version 5.1
|Article:TECH125166|||||Created: 2010-01-01|||||Updated: 2012-06-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125166|
VEA is no longer included in the default installation for product version 5.1. But due to demand, the VEA GUI interface have been made available to download and to install separately .
1. Visit URL
Veritas Enterprise Administrator Console
Symantec recommends the use of Storage Foundation Manager to manage data center environments running Storage Foundation and High Availability Software. The VEA console is no longer packaged with Storage Foundation and can be downloaded here
2. On the resulting window ..click "DOWNLOAD NOW"
3. On this window , read the "Terms and Conditions" and click "I AGREE"
4. Login to the SymAccount if you already have one or create a new account
5. After successful login, you can then select the software download for your system. The choice are for VEA Windows, Linux. Solaris, Solaris x64 and AIX
6. After selecting the product (In this example VEA for Linux) , "click here" and save to your local system
For Linux :
# rpm -ivh Veritas_Enterprise_Administrator_220.127.116.11_for_Linux.rpm
For Solaris :
# tar xvf Veritas_Enterprise_Administrator_18.104.22.168_for_Solaris_SPARC.tar
For AIX :
Once you have added the packages to your system, Activate the VEA GUI by running the following commands :
# /opt/VRTSob/bin/vxsvcctrl activate
Activated Veritas Enterprise Administrator.
# /opt/VRTSob/bin/vxsvcctrl status
Current state of server : RUNNING
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125166