How to install the Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Administration Console
|Article:TECH128069|||||Created: 2010-01-27|||||Updated: 2013-01-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128069|
How to install the Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Administration Console.
To install the Backup Exec Remote Administration Console :
1. From the installation CD browser, select the option to Install Products.
The Installation window appears.
2. Select Backup Exec to continue with the installation.
The Welcome window appears.
3. Click Next to continue.
The License Agreement appears.
3. Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, and then click Next.
4. To install the Administration Console as a Remote Administrator, select Install Remote Administration Console only, and then click Next.
The Destination Folder dialog box appears.
5. Click Next to install the Backup Exec program files in the default directory, or click Change to select another directory for the installation, and then click Next.
6. Click Install
The installation copies the Backup Exec program files to the computer.
7. Click Finish
The Remote Administration Console is now installed.
The option to install the Remote Administration Console will be available only if the server does not already have Backup Exec for Windows Server installed. Also, it should be noted that the Remote Administration Console has limited functionality when compared to a full installation of Backup Exec.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128069