DLO Agent shows "Working Offline" and does the Local backup only. The status shows a long list of files as "Pending Network" on the DLO Agent console.
|Article:TECH128779|||||Created: 2010-01-14|||||Updated: 2013-04-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128779|
- Changing the DLO Agent status to "Work Online" makes it revert back to "Working Offline"
- If the same user logs-on to another desktop / laptop he is able to observe the same behavior of the DLO Agent.
- DLO does not show any error. Also, no error is observed in the System and Application event logs.
- Users account in Active Directory has not been changed or disabled.
- Users account in DLO is Active and Enabled.
- This has affected all the users in a specific profile of DLO.
The TempDLOClient/DLOClientu log has this error:
W> ../client/include/testoffline.h( 217 ) got not found error, but IsDestinationReachable( <hostname>) returned OK, and auth attemp returned 00000000
E> serversanitycheck.cpp( 69 ) did not find server sanity file \\hostname\User_Backup\<Domain-name_Username>\.dlo\<hostname>\.sanity: 00000000
E> serversanitycheck.cpp( 82 ) failed to create server sanity file \\hostname\User_Backup\<Domain-name_Username>\.dlo\<hostname>\.sanity: E0140007
E> client.cpp( 2374 ) CClientApp::StartupThread : CheckForUpdates FAILED result=3759407111 - IGNORING.
Applies to NetBackup and Backup Exec that supports Desktop Laptop Option (DLO)
This can occur within the Connection Policy specified in the DLO profile. This connection policy may have been specific to VPN users. A range of IP addresses may be specified as seen below. These IP addresses may not be valid when connected over LAN / Wireless when the user is working in office.
The connection policy must be modified / deleted to resolve this issue.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128779