Unable to browse an Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group (DAG) in a backup selection list.
|Article:TECH129794|||||Created: 2010-01-07|||||Updated: 2013-11-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129794|
When trying to expand and browse an Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group (DAG) in a backup selection list the following error is encountered: 'The media server could not connect to the Exchange 2010 DAG virtual node'
Microsoft Exchange 2010 with DAG configured
Data Availability Group(DAG) is OFFLINE
- Open 'Failover Cluster Manager' on the active exchange node from Start> Administrative Tools> Failover Cluster Manager and select the DAG name in the left pane.
- Review the 'Cluster Core Resources' section, and confirm that the DAG is showing as 'Offline' (If this shows as online but the same error message appears, this article does not apply).
- Attempt to bring the DAG online.
- Once the DAG appears online in the Cluster Manager and all DAG requirements for Backup Exec are in place (see related documents below), this resource should now expand without errors in a backup selection list.
- If the Cluster Name or IP address is in an "Offline" state it is recommended to contact Microsoft Support to further troubleshoot the issue.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129794