Incorrect function or Incompatible storage media detected error is returned when trying to run an Inventory or Erase job on an HP G2 Autoloader
|Article:TECH130032|||||Created: 2010-01-14|||||Updated: 2014-10-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130032|
Incorrect function or Incompatible storage media detected error is returned when trying to run an Inventory or Erase job on an HP G2 Autoloader.
0xA000821 - Library Error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library
- Some libraries are able to interpret the format of the bar code label and will not load tapes to drives that are incompatible.
- LTO-4 drives have hard coded logic to disallow LTO-1 media mounts as LTO-1 tapes are not compatible with LTO-4 drives.
- If the Bar code label being used is L1 (generation) the media will not be mounted in the drive in any library where the bar code formats are checked for compatibility.See Figure 1:
- Cleaning tapes are usually Universal for all LTO types.
- Go to Command view of G2 Autoloader
- Go to Configuration
- Uncheck "Ignore Barcode Media ID"
- Perform Power cycle
- Turn off Robotic Library
- Turn off Windows Server
- Turn on Robotic Library and wait till it shows ready status.
- Turn on Windows Server
- Run an Inventory job it will run without any errors.
Note: Instead of changing the barcode of all tapes to L4 as shown in Figure1 this option can be used to disable the last 2 alphabets of the barcode from the autoloader side. But if the barcode rules are required to be used then the barcode label of all the tapes used by the autoloader will need to be changed.
Library Error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130032