Customized Global Groups settings are not migrating properly with SMSMSE 6.0 to SMSMSE 6.5 upgrade
|Article:TECH131158|||||Created: 2010-01-22|||||Updated: 2014-05-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131158|
After SMSMSE migration with customized Global Groups, you may see the customized Global Groups appearing under incorrect Global Groups.
This problem is fixed in Symantec Mail Security 6.5.1 for Microsoft Exchange. To download the latest release, read Obtaining an update or an upgrade for a Symantec Corporate product.
- Migrate SMSMSE 6.0.x having customized Global Groups to SMSMSE 6.5.
- After successful migration to 6.5, launch UI and go to Asset Management pane.
- Remove the custom groups using "Remove Groups" option in Asset Management pane.
- Recreate the custom groups using "New Group" option in Asset Management pane.
- Select the servers and move the servers to newly created custom group using "Move Server" option in Asset Management pane.
- While moving the servers to respective custom group, do not check "Send group settings to server" option.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131158