Scan errors or engine exceptions after upgrading to SMSDOM 8.0.5
|Article:TECH131929|||||Created: 2010-01-23|||||Updated: 2010-07-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131929|
Receiving scan errors with an engine exception error is not normal. Usually there is a valid reason for the error.
The problem is within certain types of CF rules.
The solution is to replace the scanners.dll file with the fixed one from Development. The file is located in the Domino folder which is by default C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Domino. Follow the below steps to replace the current scanners.dll with the new one:
1. Download the newer scanners.dll from here ->
2. Shutdown SMSDOM by issuing "tell sav quit" command on domino server console.
3. Go to Domino install directory for example C:\Program Files\Lotus\Domino
4. In this folder you should see the original scanners.dll file. Replace this with the one downloaded from step 1 above.
5. Restart SMSDOM by issuing "load nntask" command on domino server console.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131929