How to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh
|Article:TECH132120|||||Created: 2010-01-30|||||Updated: 2014-04-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH132120|
You would like to know how to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh (SEP for Mac).
- Copy the file SymantecUninstaller.English.tgz to the Macintosh client computer. This file can be found within the product download (or on the physical disc), within the SEP_MAC folder. The SEP_MAC folder is located within the Symantec Endpoint Protection installation files.
- Double-click to extract the archive file. There are two items within the resultant SymantecUninstaller folder:
- Symantec Uninstaller: this is the actual product uninstaller.
- SymantecUninstaller.pkg: this is an installer package to install the Symantec Uninstaller onto the client machine.
- To uninstall SEP for Mac, double-click on the Symantec Uninstaller, choose "Symantec Endpoint Protection", and click Uninstall, authenticating with your administrative password when prompted.
- To install the Symantec Uninstaller for future removal, double-click SymantecUninstaller.pkg and follow the prompts, authenticating with your administrative password when prompted. The Uninstaller will be placed in the folder /Applications/Symantec Solutions.
If you are still experiencing issues related to remnant Symantec files after using the Symantec Uninstaller, please see Related Articles.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH132120