How to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh
|Article:TECH132120|||||Created: 2010-01-30|||||Updated: 2012-04-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH132120|
You would like to know how to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh (SEP for Mac).
- Copy the file SymantecUninstaller.English.tgz to the Macintosh client computer. This file can be found on the installation media within the SEP_MAC folder.
- Double-click to extract the archive file. There are two items within the resultant SymantecUninstaller folder:
- Symantec Uninstaller: this is the actual product uninstaller.
- SymantecUninstaller.pkg: this is an installer package to install the Symantec Uninstaller onto the client machine.
- To uninstall SEP for Mac, double-click on the Symantec Uninstaller, choose "Symantec Endpoint Protection", and click Uninstall, authenticating with your administrative password when prompted.
- To install the Symantec Uninstaller for future removal, double-click SymantecUninstaller.pkg and follow the prompts, authenticating with your administrative password when prompted. The Uninstaller will be placed in the folder /Applications/Symantec Solutions.
If you are still experiencing issues related to remnant Symantec files after using the Symantec Uninstaller, the Terminal command utility RemoveSymantecMacFiles can be used to completely remove all Symantec files and folders from the Macintosh client machine. Please see Related Articles below.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH132120