Alerts delayed in appearing in the Event Console
|Article:TECH133297|||||Created: 2010-06-18|||||Updated: 2012-07-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133297|
Monitor Solution alerts are significantly delayed before appearing in the Event Console as well as respective task execution. The "Last Occurrance" time stamp in the alert details indicates the alert was triggered long before it appeared.
- Notification Server 7.x
- Monitor Solution for Servers 7.x
- Event Console 7.x
This behavior is not likely caused by a problem with Monitor Solution or the Event Console, but rather Notification Server event processing. Monitor Solution alerts are sent to the NS as NSE's (Notification Server Events). The following conditions may cause a delay in alerts being processed:
- NS event queues are overwhelmed / backed up
- NS Server Processing had been disabled
- NS had been rebooted
- One or more of the Altiris services where stopped on the NS
- The monitored resource(s) was unable to communicate with the NS, and the local Altiris Agent's queue was backed up
Review the items listed under the Cause section to ensure they are all in order. If there still appears to be an issue with any of these items, you may want to open a support case with the Notification Server team in Symantec Enterprise Support if you are unable to resolve the issue internally.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133297