Connection works only with local admin account
|Article:TECH133354|||||Created: 2010-06-24|||||Updated: 2010-10-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133354|
The pcAnywhere agent has been installed and the host is started but the only account that works to connect is the local administrator account.
There are multiple possible causes:
1. The pcAnywhere agent has not been updated with a new configuration since it was installed.
2. On the Settings - Agents/Plug-ins - Remote Management - Remote Control - Windows - pcAnywhere Settings - Windows page is an Authentication tab where the security is configured. The default is "Authentication Type: NT" and the "Enable Local Administrators Group" is selected. The "Support global NT users and groups defined in local NT groups" is deselected. These two settings are "ANDed" with the Active users of groups list. In other words if you add an NT domain user or group but do not select "Support global NT users and groups defined in local NT groups", the user or group will be ingnored. Both must be configured.
1. Force an Configuration Update. This can be done by clicking the Update button in the Symantec Management Agent Settings or by running the "Update Client Configuration" task.
2. Add domain users and/or groups and select the "Support global NT users and groups defined in local NT groups" setting. You will then need to update the client configuration.
3. Add pcAnywhere callers/authentication. You will then need to update the client configuration.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133354