Recommended Exceptions for Symantec Endpoint Protection on Hyper-V
|Article:TECH133846|||||Created: 2010-01-10|||||Updated: 2010-01-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133846|
You want to know what files and folders to exclude from scanning on your Windows 2008-based server that has the Hyper-V role installed or a Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 or on a Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 computer.
Exclude the following files and folders:
• Default virtual machine configuration directory (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V)
• Custom virtual machine configuration directories
• Default virtual hard disk drive directory (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks)
• Custom virtual hard disk drive directories
• Snapshot directories
• Vmms.exe (Note: May need to be configured as process exclusions within the antivirus software)
• Vmwp.exe (Note: May need to be configured as process exclusions within the antivirus software)
• If you use Live Migration together with Cluster Shared Volumes on Windows Server 2008 R2, exclude the CSV path "C:\Clusterstorage" and all its subdirectories.
For more information, please see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961804
Title: 'Creating Centralized Exception policies in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.'
Document ID: 2008030423280248
> Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008030423280248?Open&seg=ent
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133846