"An attempt to connect to server \\<Server> failed. Error: The system cannot find the path specified" appears during the push installation of Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers to a domain controller.
|Article:TECH135057|||||Created: 2010-01-16|||||Updated: 2011-06-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135057|
"An attempt to connect to server \\
WMI Remote execution requires the following rights:
For Local Group / Local Computer Policy
- Administrators, Local Service, and Network Service accounts have the right "Adjust Memory Quotas for Process Properties"
- Local Service, and Network Service have the "Replace a process level token"
- Remote User is a member of the local Administrators Group
- Remote registry is enabled.
- WMI enabled and remote request to create process should be accepted by the server
If the permissions for "Local Service" and "Network Service" services don't have the right "Replace a process level token" within local computer policy, run the following commands:
ntrights -u "Local Service" -m \\server1 +r SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
ntrights -u "Network Service" -m \\server1 +r SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
(Note: Install Windows 2003 Resource Kit for the ntrights.exe application. The above right was not applied to Newly installed Servers built with Windows 2003SP1 or later.)
Update group policy (GPUPDATE /Force).
Reboot the machine.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135057