Unable to delete an Archive because of a Vault Interest entry
|Article:TECH135238|||||Created: 2010-01-12|||||Updated: 2011-11-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135238|
Unable to delete an Archive because of a Vault Interest entry.
If using EV 8.0 SP2 and higher, there is a new Table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database called VaultInterest. Both Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator can register an interest in an Archive. This happens in the following circumstances:
- Items in the Archive appear in the results of a Compliance Accelerator or Discovery Accelerator search.
- Items in the Archive are in a Compliance Accelerator or Discovery Accelerator review set.
Compliance Accelerator (CA) or Discovery Accelerator (DA) Searches will have the associated Archives listed in this Table. This function was added to prevent an Administrator from deleting Archives without the consent of their legal team.
To determine which DA Cases/CA Departments have an interest in an Archive:
- Open the EV Administration Console and browse to Console Root > Enterprise Vault > Directory on ... > [Sitename] > Archives > Exchange Mailbox (or other Archive as required).
- Right-click the Archive that cannot be deleted > Properties.
- Copy the Archive ID under the Advanced Tab.
- Replace Archive_ID with the Archive ID found above and run the following Query against the Accelerator Customer Database (be sure to retain the single quotes):
SELECT DISTINCT tc.[Name] FROM tblCase tc
JOIN tblIntDiscoveredItems tidi ON tidi.CaseID = tc.CaseID
JOIN tblVaults tv ON tv.VaultID = tidi.VaultID
WHERE tv.KVSVaultEntryID = 'Archive_ ID'
If the results show any DA Cases or CA Departments, those Cases/Departments have the Archive listed in the VaultInterest Table. To delete an Archive, an administrator would have to obtain consent from their legal team to perform the Archive deletion, obtain the list of Cases/Departments with an interest in the Archive (as above), and delete the Cases/Departments with an interest in the Archive. Once deleted, allow the normal housekeeping routines to remove any relevant records from the VaultInterest Table. Only then can the Archive be deleted via the normal EV processes.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135238