Error: Query failed when running Comprehensive Risk Report for 24 hours
|Article:TECH136691|||||Created: 2010-01-26|||||Updated: 2010-11-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136691|
You are using Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Microsoft SQL Server. In Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, you run Reports > Risk > Comprehensive Risk Report > 24 hours on a site. The report fails, and returns the message "Query Failed." In Temp\Reporting.log, you see the error "Timeout expired."
To work around the problem
- On the Endpoint Protection Manager computer, go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc\.
- In a text editor such as Notepad, open the file conf.properties.
- Locate the line that begins with "scm.report.isstoredprocedurevalid" and edit it to the following:
- Save and close conf.properties.
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, and log on as the sa or other administrator account.
- Execute the following:
SQL: GRANT EXECUTE TO sem5
If Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager is using a different user than sem5, substitute the appropriate user name.
- Restart the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service.
If you have a replication environment, repeat this action for each site.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136691