Duplicate client entries in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console
|Article:TECH138350|||||Created: 2010-08-24|||||Updated: 2012-08-31|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH138350|
Client groups that are synced to an Active Directory OU are showing duplicate client entries in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console. Only one of the entries is showing connected with a green dot.
The two entries in the SEPM console show different HardwareIDs.
Force the SEP client computer to generate a new HardwareID by clearing the HardwareID registry entry and removing the sephwid.xml file if it is present.
- Stop SMC on the affected client computer by clicking Start > Run, type smc -stop then click OK.
- On the affected computer, navigate to registry location:
HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\Sylink\Sylink
- Clear the value for "HardwareID." (making it blank).
- Navigate to the following directory location:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\HWID
- Rename the file "sephwid.xml" to "sephwid.xml.bak".
- Start SMC by clicking Start > Run, type smc -start then click OK.
This should cause the client machine to become associated with the correct AD-synced entry in the SEPM.
Note that the latest releases of SEP 12.1 offer enhanced capabilities for client registration. Upgrading to the latest release of SEP 12.1 can minimize the potential for duplicate clients in the SEPM.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH138350