Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV), High SQL CPU Utilization during GetObjectsBySIDs for environments using Vault Cache.
|Article:TECH139219|||||Created: 2010-09-06|||||Updated: 2011-02-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139219|
After upgrading to Enterprise Vault 8.0 with any Service Pack or EV 9.0 high CPU utilization may be seen on the SQL server.
Base install of EV 9.0, EV8, EV8 SP1, EV8 SP2EV 8SP3, EV8 SP4, EV 8 SP5
SQL Server maxed out when a VaultCache synchronization was in progress
Which version of Symantec Enterprise Vault (tm) can this hotfix be applied?
This hotfix can only be applied to the following versions of Enterprise Vault for:
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 9.0, Build 1193
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 8.0 Service Pack 5
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 8.0 Service Pack 4
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 8.0 Service Pack 3
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 8.0 Service Pack 2
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 8.0 Service Pack 1
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 8.0
What issue does this hotfix resolve?
HighCPU Utilization from GetObjectsBySIDs
Which files does this hotfix replace?
None - a stored procedure is updated
How to Install this hotfix:
1. Stop all EnterpriseVault Directory Services
2. Ensure that the EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database has been backed up
3. Open the script GetObjectsBySIDs_2120406.sql using an account with DB Owner credentials
4. Execute the SQL script against the EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database
5. Restart all services
How to Uninstall this hotfix:
1. To Roll back the change stop all EnterpriseVault Directory Services
2. Rename the existing GetObjectsBySIDs Stored Procedure using SQL Enterprise Manager to GetObjectsBySIDs_old
3. Rename the new GetObjectsBySIDs_Original to GetObjectsBySIDs
4. Restart the Services.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139219