Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 2010 R2 Hotfix 1- 32 bit & x64 bit
|Article:TECH139592|||||Created: 2010-09-13|||||Updated: 2011-03-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139592|
This hotfix contains a recommended fix for Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 2010 R2
- Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 2010 R2 - Continuous Management Server (CMS)
- Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 2010 R2 - Continuous Protection Agent (CPA)
- Administrative privileges are required to install this hotfix.
- Cancel any active jobs running to/from the CMS Server and stop the CPS services.
- Symantec recommends that On the CMS Management Server, you run the Database Backup Utility to ensure a backup copy of the CMS database files.
- The "Continuous Protection Agent" on the remote servers will need to be updated after installing this hotfix.
- Random file on Backup Destination Server grows to 256 GB during a continuous backup job in Continuous Protection Server (CPS) version 12.5 or Continuous Protection Server (CPS) version 2010 (www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68266)
- Interoperability issues between Symantec Endpoint Protection Realtime Scanner (srtsp) and Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server version 2010 (cpfsjnl.sys).
- Interoperability issues between Hyper-V and Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server version 2010 (www.symantec.com/docs/TECH142576)
- Close the Admin console on the CPS Management Server (CMS)
- Obtain the Hotfix by clicking the 'Download Now" link at the bottom of this TechFile. Choose to "Save" the file to a temp folder on the CMS Server.
- Stop each of the Backup Exec CPS services.
- Run the executable on the CMS Server to install the Hotfix.
- If a prompt requesting a reboot does not appear on screen, a reboot is still required.
- Upon successful installation and after reboot, ensure the CPS Admin console reports Version 13.0.420.3701 for the CMS Server to which the Hotfix has just been applied.
- Follow the NOTE section for updating the Continuous Protection Agent (CPA) Servers in the Backup Group.
1. Windows 2008 only: A pop-up window will request access to the source installation media. Users are required to input either "<install-path>\Install\CPS" or "<install-path>\Install\CPSx64" as the source path, depending on the machine's architecture. The default <install-path> is "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Continuous Protection Server".
2. All Operating Systems: A "push" install from the CMS Admin console will NOT install Hotfix 1 to a CPA Agent Server. Each CPA Agent must have Hotfix 1 installed on it locally. A "push" install to a remote Server after the CMS has been upgraded to Hotfix 1 will install only the base version of CPS 2010 R2.
File Name CPS-32bit CPS-x64 Services\rxservice.exe 13.0.420.3701 13.0.420.3701 Drivers\CpsFsJnl.sys 220.127.116.11044 18.104.22.168044
CPS: Installation of CPS on a Hyper-V host - unable to manage the VM with the Hyper-V virtual manager
CPS: Interop issue between SEP Realtime scanner (srtsp) and cpfsjnl.sys
CPS: Random Destination file grows to 256 GB during continuous backup
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139592