Duplication failed with error "EMM status: Media server not found in EMM" or "EMM status: Media server is not defined in EMM"
|Article:TECH139795|||||Created: 2010-09-14|||||Updated: 2011-07-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139795|
Optimized duplication between OST or MSDP or PureDisk failed with status code 800 or 2101. Backup to each storage unit is working fine.
For MSDP (Media Server Deduplication) duplication, error is reported "Error nbjm NBU status: 2101, EMM status: Media server not found in EMM database. Failed to get status code information (2101)"
For Open Storage duplication, error is reported as "Error nbjm NBU status: 800, EMM status: Media server is not defined in EMM"
On the master server = masterhost, the following configurations should be verified:
1. Storage unit configuration:
STU-1 => only "list" one media server = media1
STU-2 => only "list" one media server = media2
Note: verify what media server is "listed", not "checked", there should be only one media server being checked if customer wants use a specific media server for backup.
2. Storage servers under Credentials
Storage Server 1 => only show & list credentials for Media Server 1
Storage Server 2 => only show & list credentials for Media Server 2
3. SLP (Storage Lifecycle policies) or Vault duplication is configured to duplicate data from STU-1 to STU-2
For optimized duplication to work, the destination media server needs to have credential to both the source and destination storage unit. Thus a proper storage unit configuration should have listed both source and destination media server. In case of MSDP, it was found that both source and destination media servers need credentials to both storage servers for optimized duplication to work.
1. Add credential for destination media server to see Source Storage Server
- from Admin Console | Credentials | select Storage Server 1 | change | under Media Servers tab | check the box for Media server 2 and click Apply to add credentials
- from Admin Console | Credentials | select storage server 2 | change | under Media Servers tab | check the box for Media server 1 and click Apply to add credentials
2. Verify storage unit configuration:
STU-1 => should list both media servers, Media1 and Media2, customer can select/check Media1 to use for backup.
STU-2 => should list both media servers, Media1 and Media2, customer can select/check Media2 to use for backup.
Example: Backups write to winmedia102_msdo and then duplicated to susemedia103_msdo.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139795