Perform the following steps to correct the registry and group policy:
1. Download the 2007 Office system Administrative Template from Microsoft at
2. Expand/Extract to a folder on the Domain Controller
3. Open 'Group Policy Management' from 'Administration Tools'
· 'Run as' a Domain Administrator account
4. Expand 'Forest > Domains > [your domain.com] > Group Policy Objects'
5. If creating a new policy, right click on 'Group Policy Objects' and select 'New' and provide a meaningful name including 'PST'
6. If modifying an existing GPO, right click on the policy in question and choose 'Edit...'
7. The Group Policy Object Editor will open
8. Expand User Configuration > Administrative Templates
9. Right-click on 'Administrative Templates' and select 'Add/Remove Templates...'
10. Click Add
11. Navigate to [the folder created in step 2] > ADM > en-us
12. Open 'outlk12.adm' and click 'Close'
13. Expand and select Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 > Miscellaneous > PST Settings
14. Double click on 'Prevent users from adding PSTs to Outlook profiles and/or prevent using Sharing-Exclusive PSTs'
15. Select 'Disabled' and click OK
16. Double click on 'Prevent users from adding new content to existing PST files'
17. Select 'Disabled' and click OK
18. Confirm all other administration templates are 'Not Configured'
19. Close the Group Policy Object Editor
20. If this is a new policy, right-click on the [your domain name] and select 'Link an Existing GPO...'
21. Select your new GPO and click OK
22. Close the Group Policy Management window
23. The policy will only be updated based on the value set in the 'Group Policy Interval' for Computers
24. To force a policy update on an individual client machine, open a command window and use the command 'GPUPDATE /FORCE'
25. Confirm policy has been applied to the machine by typing 'RSOP.MSC' from a Run prompt. Review the two items set above are 'Disabled'
The following registry DWORD's should be set:
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PST\PstDisableGrow should be removed, or set to a value of 0.
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PST\PSTDisableGrow = 1
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PST\PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides = 1
Microsoft Outlook 2007 hotfix 953925
is required for all Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2007 SP1 clients. Not required for Outlook 2007 SP2 or higher.
Note: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\DisablePST' is specific to Outlook 2003 and has no impact in Outlook 2007. The registry key should be removed.
The virtual vault folder needs to be enabled by going to Tools -> Enterprise Vault -> Vault Cache Properties, then going to the Virtual Vault tab, then put the check in the box next to the archives you wish to see